The Spring 2017 GreenSpace Exhibit featuring Campus as Lab includes an interactive campus map with weekly questions that will help the Campus as Lab team learn more about where there may be opportunities for Campus as Lab research. This page will document the results from each week as well as display the current question at the exhibit.
Current Question: Where is your favorite tree on campus?
Previous Week's Questions:
March 27-April 9
Where are the campus vegetable and herb gardens? Where on campus would you want to see a new garden?
DeNunzio Pool – needs a change of scenery
Behind Neuroscience Building
Cannon Eating Club
When you want to refill your reusable water bottle, identify where on campus it is: Easy or Difficult
Easy: Dillon Gym, MacMillan Building, Robertson Hall
Difficult: Tower/The Street
Comments: “Often tap water tastes better. I think this is a problem…”
Where is the best example of sustainability on campus? Write a word about how that place makes you feel.
Forbes Garden! Vegetables are organically grown and harvest is a super local food source for campus! Relaxing and stress-free environment!
Cogen Plant! Warm in winter, cool in summer
February 27-March 5
Where on campus is Princeton not practicing what we preach about sustainability? What conflicts are you seeing?
Lights on in New South all night!
Gas leaf blowers on campus – they smell and pollute!
Bloomberg/Scully- Lights always on everywhere
Frist – overuse of plastic packaging
Spelman – overturned trash cans
Think about temperature in campus spaces: Where do you feel most comfortable? Where do you feel least comfortable?
- Too hot in Scully – can’t change the thermostat!
- McCosh classrooms are overheated in the winter and too hot in May
- Friend Center stairs are sooo hot
- Frick – most comfortable
- Art Museum – most comfortable
- Frist Campus Center – least comfortable
Where do you see the worst behavior around recycling on campus?
- Prospect Street
- We all come from different places with different recycling standards. To put it simply, most of us don’t know how and what to recycle. It would be great if incoming students would have to watch some instructional videos similar to the ones regarding alcohol abuse and sexual assault.
Week 1: February 6-12
What is your favorite outdoor spot on campus to ________?
- Read/study (use pink sticky note)
- Relax (use blue sticky note)
- Use a laptop (use yellow sticky note)
- Play sports (use green sticky note)
Read/study: Lakeside Commons, EQuad, Poe Field (2) – "Lounging on an Adirondack chair under one of the trees"
Relax: Terrace, DeNunzio Pool, Prospect Gardens, Murray-Dodge, Robertson Fountain, McCosh Garden – "Cozy, hidden and so beautiful in the spring and fall"
Use a laptop: EQuad, Cottage, Bedford Field
Play sports: Bedford Field, Lakeside, "Tow path hikes", West Windsor, "Volleyball at Grad College", DeNunzio Pool